JournalList is a non-profit association owned and operated by its members, primarily for the purpose of increasing the visibility of the trust that online news publishers have in each other when they form into groups.
The executive director is Mark Stencel, former journalist and in addition to his duties with JournalList, he is the Co-Director of the Duke Reporters’ Lab and a Journalism Instructor at the Sanford School of Public Policy. He’s a veteran of NPR, and the Washington Post.
The board is:
- Ralph Brown, Former CTO of CableLabs, and international standards bodies consultant
- Susan Kantor, Vice President of Marketing and Communications at the Alliance for Audited Media
- Randy Picht, Executive Director at Donald W. Reynolds Journalism Institute at the Missouri School of Journalism, former AP bureau chief
- Claire Wardle, PhD, founder of the Futures Lab and Professor of the Practice at Brown University, formerly of First Draft News and TED.
- Scott Yates, founder of JournalList, former journalist and startup founder.